Friday, May 22, 2009

Photographer insanity

Now that we have a date and a location my next goal is finding a spectacular photographer at a reasonable cost.  This is proving much more difficult than anticipated.  There are quite a number of good photographers in the Rochester area, but I'm not convinced their worth the steep prices they charge.  I don't think there is a single photographer I've liked who base price is under $2500.  So what do I do?  I email Eric Lauritus.  Because I'm clearly a little insane.  (His base price is $5000)  You may remember my raving about Eric in this post, and I'm still raving.  His pictures of complete strangers make me cry (ok, not cry, because I don't do that, but literally tear-up).  I think I've been pretty sane about most wedding related things so far - I'm resisting The Dress, I've been cutting the guest list, I'm making invitations, Beau is iPoding the music - but I might actually go off the deep end on this.  I am in love with his photography.  If I could have any one thing for my wedding (other than Beau, duh) it would be him.  I would have a City Hall wedding with 10 people and dinner at Taco Bell if only he would be there photographing it - and you know what, it would be stunning and everyone in the wedding blog world would envy my City Hall/Taco Bell wedding because he is that good.

Ok, done with that bit of insanity.  Well not done.  I did actually email him to assess his availability. Maybe he is available and has a poor teacher marrying a poorer medical/graduate student rate.  Maybe he'll work on an IOU based on future earning potential...  I don't have money now, but eventually I'll be a doctor, and I'll have money to pay for crazy expensive wedding photography.

No comments: