Last night I was surfing the wedding blogs and Rebecca at The White Aisle, had a post about her new favorite photographer - Eric Laurits. I went to his website and spent way too much time looking through his galleries (and nearly crying because the pictures were so beautiful and emotional and real) and on a whim decided to contact him about doing our wedding. This was maybe a little silly because we have no budget, date, location etc... However, he sent me a nice email with a little more information and his base price - damn, it was high. Not completely unreasonable, just about 2x as much as is recommended to spend on a photographer based on what I anticipate our budget to be. He also picks and chooses which couples he works with, so even if I could pay him, no guarantee that he would even do the wedding. I sent him back a relatively long email (since he had asked about our wedding plans) and told him about how none of my family lives in the states and about me and Beau, and some of the thoughts I've had so far about the wedding. I guess we'll see what he says. If he is willing to consider us, and I like him if we ever talk on the phone, I may even decrease my dress budget to pay for him! Thats how much I like his photographs! I'll keep you posted about what his response to my email is.
5 days ago
1 comment:
Hey, you're really coming into your blogging voice.
Here's the website for the photog I told you about.
http://www.andreacaseyphotography.com/
Post a Comment