Monday, September 29, 2008

Save the Dates #1

I first discovered Adobe InDesign on my computer about a month ago (I have no idea how it got onto my computer) and I was so excited because reading Doctor Whimsy's fabulous blog had inspired me to try to make my own save the dates and invitations.  I really like the idea of designing my own invitations and save the date cards - I think they have so much more meaning when you do them yourself.

My first attempt at using InDesign was actually just a worse copy of an invitation that Doctor Whimsy had made as I learned how to use the software, so I won't show it.  

My second attempt was at a save the date card.  I wanted to do something that reflected me and The Beau as a couple and decided on an Ultimate Frisbee theme.  The Beau and I both really enjoy playing Ultimate and we actually met at a game, so I decided to go with an Ultimate theme.
The person on the card is not The Beau; its just a random guy from a random picture I found with a google search.  I used Photoshop to alter the colors and InDesign to do the rest.  I made this before I discovered DaFont and I think that if I were to do it again I would a more interesting font.  

If I actually end up using an Ultimate theme for my save the dates I will use a picture of The Beau and I throwing to each other.  I already have an image in my mind, now I just need the time and someone with photography skills to help me execute it.

No comments: