I love my Beau so much and I'm so saddened when I think of all the people out there that love just as I do, but who can't stand up and have their love and commitment publicly and legally recognized. To be completely honest, after the last two elections I didn't dare hope that Obama would win, I was convinced that the GOP would find a way to take this victory away, but I never doubted that Prop 8 would be defeated. I'm also very scared. If social conservatives can get such a bigoted and discriminatory law passed in arguably the most liberal state in the union they will become emboldened and go do it elsewhere. I can't believe I'm living in a place where in one day we can shed years of discrimination for how people look and elevate the first black man to the nations highest office, but at the same time codify the discrimination of another group of people for how they love.
Maybe something will change as more precincts report in, but I don't have anymore hope left right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment